The Pet Evacuation Team is always in need of great volunteers. Both behind the scenes and when responding to disasters.
Volunteers can participate in a variety of areas:
- Rescue & Response. Help evacuate and/or shelter animals during disasters
- Help transport equipment, or load, clean and reorganize equipment before, during and after deployments
- Help transport, set up and monitor Missy Traps for pets who are lost
- Animal care & temporary sheltering
- Foster homes for abuse case animals or evacuated animals
- Administration (clerical, data entry, stuffing envelopes and more)
- PET Social Media and Website management
- Outreach. Help promote PET and get the word out about our life-saving work
- Fundraising Committee (grantwriting is just one of many ways to contribute)
- Graphic Design
Just because we haven’t listed it, doesn’t mean we don’t need it! Ask how you can help PET save animals in crisis.
Note: All volunteers must fill out an application & waiver and attend our three-part training.